Heart, Map Pictures

I saw these heart map pictures in a home design store and loved them but I wanted to personalise them to display places we had visited as a family.  They looked quite easy to make, so I decided I would have a go at them myself.
I had planned to make the heart mounts but found them in Wilkinson’s along with the white wooden frames, which were exactly what I was looking for.

heartpinI printed maps off the Internet; I chose the Caribbean and Italy with Sardinia and Sicily as these places hold happy family memories of holidays and our adventures together.

IMG_8596.JPG
I am so pleased with the result and the fact that every time I look at them I think of family holidays. And they look great in my hall way. And do you know what? When we arrive home from holidays, the first thing I see when we open the front door is these lovely pictures. It really makes me smile and realise how lucky we are.
Home Etc

1. 3rd June 2015 / 10:48 am

These are such a great idea, Sarah.

I might have to make some of these as a wedding present for my soon-to-be husband! 🙂

LOVE IT!

#HomeEtc

3rd June 2015 / 10:32 pm

Ooh great idea Jenna so personalised. I really love them, they remind me of lovely hot family days on the beach or on a cruise ship x

2. 3rd June 2015 / 11:48 am

What a gorgeous idea Sarah!! In fact I’ve seen similar ones on NOTHS and they’re SO expensive!! This is such a fab way of creating a cheaper alternative — and they look just as fabulous. Well done!! 🙂 Thanks so much for linking up with #HomeEtc x

Caro | http://www.thetwinklediaries.co.uk

3rd June 2015 / 10:32 pm

Thank you Caro, I think that is where I saw them fist and thought I would have a go myself x

3. 3rd June 2015 / 4:07 pm

I love personalising things so it means more, and it’s great to be inspired by something you see and then make it yourself! These look great! #HomeEtc
    Sabrina xx

3rd June 2015 / 10:33 pm

Thanks you Sabrina yes it does mean more, and feels quite rewarding to have achieved too x

4. Clare
    3rd June 2015 / 9:58 pm

Such a lovely idea! You may have just inspired me to do something similar to put in my hallway. Hubby is going to hate me being on this linky hehe xx

3rd June 2015 / 10:37 pm

Oh Claire tag me in iff you do so I can see your handy work, they looks great I am so pleased with mine x

5. 3rd June 2015 / 10:52 pm

These are such a brilliant idea Sarah! What a fab holiday momento as opposed to yet another sombrero! To have them in the hall is a great idea too xx

4th June 2015 / 9:50 pm

Thank you Lisa, and ha ha yes better than a Sombrero x

6. 7th June 2015 / 2:37 pm

That is one VERY clever idea! Am definitely going to pinch that and do it in my new home!!! Eeeeek! What a lovely idea – personal, and has so many memories too. Thanks for sharing and linking up again, much appreciated lovely lady – Jess x #HomeEtc

7th June 2015 / 9:59 pm

Ah thank you Jess, I know I love looking at them, I love maps sounds geeky doesn’t it ?

7. 7th June 2015 / 11:32 pm