A Post Card From Disney and Rain Just Does Not Matter

Only a quick postcard from yesterday, it was a late night and we are all tired but getting ready for another afternoon at Hollywood Studios.

As we headed towards Magic Kingdom yesterday the heavens opened, and I mean opened. The boys first instinct was to head back to the room but Chris and I decided no, we were there and were battling through. We all put our ponchos on and entered the park.

We were going against the crowd,  it seemed like hundreds of people were leaving the park, clearly deciding not to battle the weather. It was great, we wandered through the half empty shops and had photos taken in the rain and within half an hour the rain had gone and the sun was out.

Believe
Don’t get me wrong, the park filled back up, but for while it was a little quieter.

Todays photo was taken after the rain, I just love this picture, it is something everyone should believe. Disney is so full of inspiration that you can take forward in life.

We had a wonderful day, completed our Magic Kingdom ride wish list and watched the fireworks which were just breathtaking. We arrived home late but happy after another magical Disney day.

1. 8th August 2015 / 9:41 pm

Sounds like your having a great time Sarah – sometimes these places better in the rain just because it is a lot quieter ay! x

9th August 2015 / 2:20 pm

Amy it was gone in no time at all, the rain here is weird it is gone as quickly as it arrives, and thank you we are having a fab time x

2. 9th August 2015 / 1:32 am

There is nothing like a Florida downpour and I totally agree you just need to get those ponchos on and go with it. We have some great photos of the Disney rain. And like you said some 30 minutes and the sun is back out and the rain has all disappeared from the pavements x

9th August 2015 / 2:32 pm

Its weird but so cool isn’t it? We have been so lucky with the weather too, the odd cloudy day which we have been glad of and lots of hot sunny days so when it does rain you just don’t mind it x

3. 9th August 2015 / 9:44 am

Oh those daily down pours, the issue for us was the ‘threat of thunder’ that closed lots of rides, it was the same regardless of which months we went. The rain does clear up so quickly though xx

9th August 2015 / 2:47 pm

We have been lucky so far, no ride closures so it hasn’t been an issue thank goodness x

4. 9th August 2015 / 2:26 pm

I love that you kept on going. I am really loving your Disney diary, every post makes me smile!

9th August 2015 / 2:57 pm

Ah thanks Karen, and i am loving keeping it, a quick 10 minute post every night and i am trying to record those things I will forget x

5. 9th August 2015 / 8:37 pm

Sounds amazing! I can’t wait to go to Magic Kingdom. I’ll be there come rain or shine!

14th August 2015 / 7:17 pm

Oh it is just so magical, perfect in every way x

6. 21st August 2015 / 6:59 pm

I remember the daily down pours and you’re right they really don’t matter! The weather is still warm and you can always buy those macs ; )

Let it rain I say, especially as it made the park less busy! x

22nd August 2015 / 9:52 pm

I know it almost feels like part of the holiday Heledd, and we had such a fab day x