My Weekly Round Up and Feeling Chilled

Thank goodness for the sun, hasn’t it felt just so amazing having this beautiful weather hang around for the week. I have loved fact that it has felt almost tropical, I don’t even mind the humidity. It great waking up to the sun shining through the window, it  makes everybody smile.

My Word of The Week

chilled pin

I have had a lovely  week, I am feeling quite chilled.  I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I think the fact that I have tidied my desk at work has helped. Getting to the end of the year and tying up loose ends feel great. And it is so exciting to be planning for the next academic year. And here I am on my lunch break feeling chilled at work, you would have even got me away from the salons 2 weeks ago.

Ha ha love it x

A photo posted by Sarah Christie (@extraordinary_chaos) on

Time for Me

Also a little Me Time has left me very chilled, the lovely Karen and I visited the Thornton Hall Spa in our search of Me Time. I will share more later, but we had the most relaxing day and felt very looked after by the team at Thornton Hall.

IMG_9343

Fun at Home

Yesterday we had a lovely after school chill in the garden on our lovely comfy garden bean bags, I love times like that when we are all chatting and laughing, not having to rush anywhere. Don’t get me wrong I love our manic life, but a little chill every now and then is great isn’t it? We finished by having our first BBQ of the summer and Chris tried out a steak recipe he had seen Jamie Oliver cook which was delicious.

IMG_9236.JPGMy Happiest Moment

It has to be when Karen and I were toasting to Me Time this week, with a lovely glass of fizz presented to us by the lovely staff at Thornton Hall Spa. Firstly because I can’t believe what lovely friends I have met through blogging. And secondly for the first time in weeks I am feeling more organised.

The end of term is so tough, we as a family have been mega busy, and I have been busy out and about on the blog front. All mega exciting and so much fun, but it feels good to be more organised.

Next Week I Would Like Too

I am off to a good friends hen do in Manchester today, I love Manchester so am mega excited, I love Manchester the atmosphere is so vibrant. We have a cocktail making lesson planned, which I am so looking forward too. I still haven’t started packing eek so I need to get started, I said I would start 2 weeks ago and still haven’t so need to get my act into gear.

IMG_9076

Hope you have had a great week and lets hope this gorgeous weather stays with us.

Tinyfootsteps

1. 4th July 2015 / 4:11 pm

Oh, chilled sounds lovely. The sun does seem to make you more relaxed, doesn’t it? It’s certainly easier to get up in the mornings and stroll the school run in sunshine. Glad you’ve had a lovely week, thanks for sharing with #WotW x

6th July 2015 / 7:52 pm

Ah thank you, yes it makes you feel so much better doesn’t it?

2. 5th July 2015 / 12:24 am

Chilled is such a lovely word for the week and sounds like you have had a really good week. Love the sound of the spa day and glad that you enjoyed it so much. Hope you have a fab time at the hen do too 🙂

6th July 2015 / 7:54 pm

Ah thank you Louise, the spa day was so lovely and yes the hen of was fab, I am still recovering ha ha x

3. 5th July 2015 / 10:54 pm

I LOVE those beanbags Sarah. I must admit we have had lots of time chatting away in the garden this week. Its amazing how communicative the kids become away from the tv. Your time away at Thornton Hall looked amazing and can’t wait to read about it in more detail xx

6th July 2015 / 8:14 pm

Thanks Tracey, the beanbags are so fab we spend ages sat out on them, they are so comfy and Thornton Hall was amazing thank you locally lady x

4. 6th July 2015 / 11:50 am

What an amazing week! I need to take a leaf out of your book. Stress levels are rising because there’s so much I want to do and not enough time. I’m not feeling on top of things at the moment. Manchester is one of my favourite cities too. Love the restaurants and bars. Have a great time x

6th July 2015 / 8:24 pm

We had a fab time Rachel, yes I feel so much better for chilling and taking a check of my aims, it feel great to have a clear head x

5. 6th July 2015 / 2:16 pm

I think everything is a little slower and less hectic when the weather is so gorgeous; we all casually strolled into school and everyone did seem so much more chilled!
    Glad you had a good week and this week enjoy your trip to Manchester to see your friend
    x
    #WordoftheWeek

6th July 2015 / 8:26 pm

Tracey so true, everyone smiles so much more and is so much more chilled. I love it x

6. 8th July 2015 / 4:29 pm

Ahh Sarah – I know how much stress and pressure you’ve been under the last few weeks so it’s nice to see you finally enjoying yourself.

I was so jealous of your spa photos but I’m so glad you and Karen had a lovely chill out time.

Let’s hope we get more amazing summer weather over the next few months. 🙂

Thanks for joining our #HappyDaysLinky

xx

8th July 2015 / 9:38 pm

Ah thank you Jenna, yes its been a busy month or so and it was a much needed break just to chill for the day was so great x