Earth by Day /Earth by Night Globe and Our Travel Wish List

We recently got to try out the Brainstorm Toys Earth by Day /Earth by Night globe. I must say we absolutely love it.  As a family that loves traveling it has not only been very educational but a great talking point.

What I love about the globe is that it is light-sensitive so as it begins to go dark the globe transforms to-night mode and starts to light up and reflect the world how it would look from space in the dark, it is so incredible as you can pick out cities purely by the concentration of light.

Globe 2Joe and I love this feature and spent some time sat in the dark with a torch discussing how the sun works. Joe couldn’t quite understand just how it could be 2pm here and 9 am in Orlando, however once we had sat with the torch moving it slowly around the globe Joe clicked.

globe 3

From there we went on to write a Christie Travel Wish List, the rule was you could only choose 5 countries each. I really struggled with this, I want to experience the world so the choice of 5 arghhh.

I had seen this on the brilliant Mini Travellers site and thought wow what a great idea.  I book all the holidays hand on heart do I ask everyone else where they want to go? Well, hmmm maybe a little.

Here is the current Christie travel wish list

Me

Walt Disney World (Booked)

Beaches Turks and Caicos (Booked)

Arghhhh so excited

Mauritius, I can just see us there in one of those stunning water bungalows

Barbados, last time we went was just for the day so I would love to spend longer there, it was so friendly.

A Cruise, I know that is not a country as such, but I love cruising so much there is nothing like the feeling of standing on deck looking out to sea.

It’s my blog so I am having six, and to be honest I could keep going to 100 but there are so many countries I want to visit in Northern Europe, I am going to go with Finland, it looks such a beautiful country.

Chris

Iceland, to see he Northern Lights and visit a volcanic spring

Dubai, heard lots of great things about it

Venice, because he loves Italy

St. Petersburg, to explore all the history

Turks & Caicos, has always wanted to visit, it looks just idyllic

Joe

India, to see an Elephant

Germany, to explore and learn its history

Washington DC, to visit the Whitehouse

Orlando, Paris, Tokyo, to visit Disney World Hmm 3 but as its Disney I will let him have that one.

Madagascar, to see a Zebra

Jack

Japan, to visit the city

Dubai, to see it all the beach, the desert, Atlantis

Australia, to see Sidney

Hawaii, for the beach and surfing

Argentina, to watch a football match. Yes, I questioned this too, to watch a football match? I can think of better reason to visit Argentina

It is so hard pining it down but there you go that is our travel wish list for now, that is such a changeable list. I haven’t added Vienna, Paris, Romania, Antigua, A tour of the USA in fact don’t even get me started on the USA, Boston, Washington, I want to revisit New York I feel I need to experience that at in different seasons, Las Vegas without the kids his time, Jamaica again last time we went we didn’t have Joe, Sicily, Sardinia, Capri.

Oh I knew I wouldn’t be able to do this, but didn’t realise just how difficult it would be.

This has been so much fun writing, we love thinking about travel the Brainstorm Globe really started something. I would like to take the lovely Katie, Life on Vista Street, Steph, Diary of a Midlife Mummy and Jess, Mummy of Boy Girl Twins to take part. I cant wait to read ladies.

The Brainstorm Toys Earth by Day /Earth by Night globe can be purchased from Argos for £29.99, and do you know what Joe loves it.

The Twinkle Diaries

1. 13th July 2015 / 6:44 am

Difficult to stop isn’t it! I might start again and do mine this time not just the kids!! Hurrah. Makes my Monday feel better thinking about travel! X

13th July 2015 / 9:56 pm

I know Karen, OMG I could have gone on and on yes travel always makes me feel happy x

2. 13th July 2015 / 12:35 pm

Ooh I’m with Chris (apart from Dubai, never go to Dubai – especially if you’re on the way back from the Maldives – huge disappointment). Iceland and St Petersburg would definitely be on my list – though I like yours too – way to do luxury!

I LOVE that globe – what a gorgeous idea!

13th July 2015 / 9:58 pm

Ooh I will tell him, I know i was definitely built for luxury Helen ha ha, ad yes the globe is so fab Joe loves it, in fact i often have to turn it off before i go to bed as he has left it on while he dozes off x

3. 13th July 2015 / 8:27 pm

I love this globe and I know Katie would be fascinated by it. What a great idea getting everyone involved in their top 5 places to visit. Makes me think now what my kids top 5 would be x

13th July 2015 / 10:02 pm

Thanks Tracey, it really got us all talking, usually as I said its more my ideas and plans but I have a little more insight what is on their wish lists now too, and there were some real surprises on there x

4. 14th July 2015 / 7:53 am

What a great teaching globe! And you guys have wonderful travel wish lists! I’m looking forward to hearing about your two booked trips!! #TwinklyTuesday

14th July 2015 / 9:18 pm

I know Becky it is so fab and yes I could go on and on with my travel wish list ha ha x

5. 14th July 2015 / 10:21 pm

This looks so fab! I love how it lights up and seems like a great learning tool. Even as an adult it feels weird that people are only just starting the day as we go to sleep! Great holiday locations too…I dream of holidays and Florida is defo top of the list when Zach is a wee bit older! Thanks so much for linking up with #TwinklyTuesday

16th July 2015 / 9:40 pm

Thanks Lisa. ah Zak will love it, I know it blows my mind a bit too, It took a while to get the direction of the sun right to explain it ha ha x

6. 16th July 2015 / 9:00 pm

You all have just great taste and I agree with them all! I really fancy Australia and Hawaii too but there are SO far away. Maybe when the twins are much older. I cannot wait to do mine, and thanks for the tag lovely 🙂 Jess x

16th July 2015 / 10:01 pm

Thank you lovely I could talk about travel all day, I cant wait to red your post x

27th July 2015 / 10:01 pm

Ooh cant wait to see it xx