Politics, Kids and The Monster Raving Loony Party

Well, with the big day looming, and the country discussing where they placing their vote, I wanted to share a discussion we had over dinner last night. You see the boys are fascinated by the election, I don’t ever remember caring at their ages.

But due to programs such a news-round and open discussions at school they are both very interested in whom is the better party. Who they would vote for given the chance and have asked lots of questions about how we have come to a decision.

IMG_6924

Now my little blog is just not the place to share my political opinions, but I do want to share the policy proposals of the Monster Raving Loony Party. Jack had been involved in some debates about various parties at school and wanted to share these with us.

I must say, with all the seriousness and thought that goes into a vote, this really does offer some lighthearted relief in the name of politics. So here are the Christie’s favourite  Monster Raving Loony Party policies.

We propose to cancel stamp duty…….stamps are expensive enough so we shouldn’t have to pay duty on them.

Besides leap years, there needs to be hop, skip, and jump years.

Tax payers to receive Nectar Points from HMRC

We propose to make unicorns a protected species?

We will instruct the RSPCA to ensure that all meerkats come in twos to enable the public to effectively compare the meerkat.

voteWe should introduce a 99p coin, to save on change.

Emails would be abolished. Instead, to reduce confusion, messages from men would be hemails, and from women shemails. (the only exception being blokes from Essex who would still send ’emails )

Hairgrips to come with tracking devices so they are not lost.

Put all people committed of un-social behaviour in to Stocks, this will create a demand for stocks, which should help to increase the stock market.

All socks to be sold in packs of 3 as a precaution against losing one

I must say we did giggle as we read these and other policies yesterday, I mean who thinks these up?

Jack is convinced the 99p coin is a fantastic idea. And it was great that this lead on to a discussion of their thoughts and interest in politics and why they like certain political leaders. Or, if you are like Joe choosing a party because your school friends are ha ha. But I love the fact that no in no matter what form, they are giving it some thought.

Let's Talk Mommy
Mums' Days

1. 6th May 2015 / 6:51 am

Love this! I’m up for three packs of socks and the 99p coin! My kids are remarkably interested in the election too – it’s definitely down to all the TV coverage. My 13yo son is very much in favour of a party I don’t like, but my 9yo daughter has independently concluded she likes the party I’m intending to vote for.

6th May 2015 / 9:35 pm

Ha ha Joe is the same likes the party I can not stand, and yes I am loving the fact that they are so interested Sarah x

2. 6th May 2015 / 8:28 am

Oh I love this – really made me chuckle, especially the meerkats needing to come in two so we can effectively compare them! I quite like the idea of socks coming in threes – am sure that would be very useful – we’re always losing the odd one here and there 🙂

6th May 2015 / 9:37 pm

Thanks Louise, ha ha yes we definitely do with 3 socks in a pack in this house I have no idea where they go x

3. 6th May 2015 / 10:40 am

this is so funny! I’m with Joe on the 99p coin idea I have a purse full of change that drives me nuts also three socks genius! my washing machine eats mine I’m sure thanks for linking up to #kidscorner x

6th May 2015 / 9:37 pm

Ha ha thanks Amy, yes it might be silly but some of it is kind of logical x

4. 6th May 2015 / 1:08 pm

Well that’s got my vote!!!!!! You had me at socks! Where do I put the tick?? x

6th May 2015 / 9:41 pm

Ha ha thanks Jess, yes silly but logical isn’t x

5. 6th May 2015 / 2:21 pm

Well that’s it – they’ve got my vote 🙂 I think it’s great that kids are being engaged in politics – it took me many years to reach that point. #sharewithme

6th May 2015 / 9:42 pm

Thanks Sam, yes I love the fact that they are showing an interest, I never was at their age x

6. 6th May 2015 / 8:30 pm

This is just too funny for words Sarah!! I also love the 99p coin- be perfect for icecreams… oh wait.. haha!
    Thank you so much for sharing in #KidsCorner x

6th May 2015 / 9:43 pm

Ha ha thanks Kate, its bonkers isn’t it, we laughed so much reading from the web site last night x

7. Heather Simpson
    7th May 2015 / 3:45 pm

haha love these, didn’t even realise the raving loonies were still about (well apart from in my house)

7th May 2015 / 9:52 pm

Ha ha Heather, no they live in my house too x

8. 8th May 2015 / 7:48 am

Our school has a mock election going on today, they’ve all been loving campaigning and trying out sneaky techniques to win votes! Love that they are taking such an interest ? Stevie xx

8th May 2015 / 9:14 pm

I know Stevie its great isn’t it, i really cant remember feeling like this at their age x

9. 8th May 2015 / 8:21 am

Oh no! I wish I had read this before I voted! I’m really keen on the nectar points from HMRC and the 99p coin is amazing. My little girl wouldn’t vote for that though, she loves change and always asks if she can have ours.

My kids are interested in the election but at 5 and 3 are yet to express an opinion, I’m sure by 2020 they will know their own minds and be unwilling to listen to mummy! #TheList

8th May 2015 / 9:15 pm

Ha ha yes a 99p coin could be fab and quite logical really x

10. 8th May 2015 / 10:18 am

Great that they are interested in politics. Its so different than america here so I am still learning. Can’t vote either as an expat so had to let the hubs do it for us. lol These were funny. Thank you so much for linking up to Share With Me #sharewithme

8th May 2015 / 9:21 pm

Thanks Jenyy, wow I didn’t know you cant vote, you would thing you would be able as you are married to a brit x

11. 12th May 2015 / 1:02 pm

How did I miss this post?! It is brilliant! So funny, but actually I do love the 99p coin idea too!

12th May 2015 / 9:15 pm

Thanks Karen, yes it all so bonkers isn’t it x

12. 14th May 2015 / 2:40 pm

Hehee – love this! You’d definitely get my vote with the socks in packs of three, that’s genius!! Great post xx Thanks for linking up to #TheList xx

14th May 2015 / 10:19 pm

Thanks Hannah yes why has no one thought of this before x