My Weekly Round-Up, A Whirlwind of a Week

This week has been taken over by work, but in a positive way. It has been or annual show at work and it is all-consuming, for our department possibly the biggest day of the year. Something the students start thinking about from day 1, so this has somewhat overshadowed life in the last week. It has been an exhausting, exciting, tense at times with models letting students down at the last-minute.

But I am not one to be beat; firefighting and solving problems are all part of the day. And the wonderful thing is we came through it smiling, our students had a wonderful day and felt so proud of their achievements, and do you know what I love even more? They felt proud of each other this really makes me proud.

Screen Shot 2015-05-16 at 09.25.42

There was not a sniff of greed or jealously which are traits I can’t abide in a person. We are all now feeling calm with a real sense of achievement, and me? Well, I feel huge pride, pride that these wonderful ladies demonstrated not only exceptional skill but also strength of kindness, support and character towards each other.The image above is from last year, and one that has been used in college publicity so I am ok to use it. But this is the level of work produced it is truly outstanding.

Out & About

On Saturday night we all went to Chris’s lovely sister Emma’s 40th birthday party. It was a lovely evening catching up with old friends and family.  Emma’s theme was masquerade so all the guests got to wear a mask. Of course the Christie Boys aided by Chris went a step too far and bought a horses head. Yes, you heard me right! Hmmm boys, next time I will order masks in the event of a masquerade party and not trust Chris.

Fun At Home

Wow I haven’t really been at home this week, well apart from Sunday and to be honest we just chilled out and watched movies and got over our late night. But do you know what? That is fun, spending a quiet day chilling with your family what more can you ask for in life.

Time For Me

I did have a couple of hours Thursday morning to catch up on my blog comments; I really feel I have neglected my little blog this week.

timeforme

My Happiest Moment

It has to be looking at all the competition entries on the floor at the competition and knowing that I was part of a team that inspired all the wonderful that had been created. I am so excited for he next stages of my student’s careers. They have exciting plans, university, cruise ship interviews and trichology; it’s amazing to feel part of that.

Next Week I Would Love Too

We are visiting Cheshire Oaks this weekend. The boys need to get some t-shirts for their holidays, so we will be hitting the Ralph Lauren and Super Dry shops in search of cool holiday clothes. And I am sure I will get a little time for a mooch round a few of my favourite shops.

This Week I Love

One of my wonderful clients from the salon bought me a gift this week. The lovely lady is called Pat; I was telling her I would like a vintage cup and saucer. Then on Thursday night she popped into the salon with a cup, saucer and side plate. I can’t get over what a thoughtful gesture this is I am so touched. It is so, so pretty and I know it will feature heavily in my future pictures, especially on Instagram.

tea cup

So there we go another lovely but chaotic week. And one I feel proud to have been a part of, there is nothing better in life than watching others succeed in life, it just makes you feel so good inside. So my word of the week has to be proud.

Tinyfootsteps
Share:

1. 16th May 2015 / 11:06 am

So glad your show went so well at work and well done to all of your students for supporting and being proud of each other. I love your vintage tea cup and saucer – how pretty! The horse’s head at the masquerade ball made me chuckle – yes definitely a good idea to take charge next time! Hope you have a lovely weekend 🙂

16th May 2015 / 8:44 pm

Thanks Louise, yes i most certainly will take charge next week, and as proud as I am its a relief it was a success and over for another year x

2. 16th May 2015 / 9:28 pm

Busy busy week for you Hun. Never a dull moment hey? So glad you managed some time for you. Sounds like some exciting times ahead too. I’ve always wanted to try cruising. Xx

3. 16th May 2015 / 9:54 pm

A horses head??? OMG. It’s tough when we get no time for us isn’t it. x

4. 17th May 2015 / 1:43 am

Awww what an amazing week! Love the positive vibe of this post. Goodluck with your trip next week and happy shopping too! #wotw

17th May 2015 / 9:34 am

Thanks Merlinda, we are in the car now. I will be honest I get s little bit excited about shopping ha ha x

5. 17th May 2015 / 9:10 am

What a great week, so pleased that your show went well for you all. And I agree, a family day chilling with movies is just lovely. How sweet of your client to buy you that gift, and it is lovely! Fab week, thanks so much for joining in with and sharing with #WotW x

17th May 2015 / 9:37 am

Ah thank you yes I am so touched that she took the time to do something that would make me smile x

6. 17th May 2015 / 9:56 am

Wow what a jam packed week you’ve had and the show sounds pretty fantastic. Hope the shopping trip is a lot of fun 🙂

17th May 2015 / 9:26 pm

Thank you, yes it was fantastic and great to be a part of x

7. 17th May 2015 / 1:57 pm

sounds like a lovely varied week and the cup, saucer and side plate is a lovely gift

17th May 2015 / 9:29 pm

Thank you, it has been manic but great and I am thrilled with the cup and saucer x

8. 17th May 2015 / 4:52 pm

OMG! Horses Heads!! How did that go down? lol. Sounds like you have had a manic week, the first picture is really striking – if they managed close to that this year then thats a real sense of achievement! Hope the shopping trip went well and you managed to have a mooch round for yourself. #HappyDays xx

17th May 2015 / 9:31 pm

Thankfully people saw the funny side of it,the shopping trip was great thanks lots for all the men in my life but nothing for me! but to be honest I prefer shopping alone I feel less rushed x

17th May 2015 / 10:07 pm

Thank you it has been fab, I am exhausted but very proud x

9. 19th May 2015 / 12:39 pm

Yay to Cheshire Oaks – enjoy. Love it there, so many bargains to be had! That mug and saucer set is gorgeous and such a lovely gift. How special xx

19th May 2015 / 9:55 pm

Thanks Jess, Chris and the boys got loads, but I find it hard to shop with them in tow xx

10. 21st May 2015 / 8:58 pm

Oh Sarah this is such a lovely post, I am so glad the week went well. It is lovely being a teacher and knowing you are sending them on their way. I am the beginnings of children’s journeys and you get them at the end. 🙂 Thanks for joining in with our #HappyDaysLinky x

21st May 2015 / 10:09 pm

Thanks Kate, yes so true, although a lots of mine go on to uni so I am sort of 3/4 of the way ha ha x