Happy Days, Summer has Visited

Well, what a glorious week, doesn’t the sun make you feel so much better and raring to go? A bit of vitamin D can work wonders can’t it? I can’t believe how fast the Easter Holidays have flown, it has been the first time in years that we haven’t been away somewhere at Easter, and to be honest I was pretty fed up about it. But we, or Chris heehee had decorating to do. We also didn’t want to go to far with Jack being out of the Country.

So here is our week.

Out and About

We visited out good friends Ruth Darren and Fin on Saturday night and had a fabulous evening, we laughed so much, its great to have such fantastic friends that we all feel so relaxed with.

We have also had some lovely walks in the fields, and a weekend walk to our village pub for a nice glass of wine. We are so lucky that well behaved dogs can visit too, so we can have a long walk with Toby stop for a drink and then walk home, stopping to look at animals and the countryside on the way home.

IMG_6681

I so look forward to family walks like this, of course someone was missing. But he is having a fantastic time, so much so he can only manage on word texts to let us know he is ok.

IMG_6689

Fun at Home

The glorious weather got us out into the garden this week. Chris has been preparing the garden for summer, and Joe has been helping. Ha ha the Joe kind of help. Anyone that knows Joe will know his kind of helpfulness is not always what’s needed. But it makes him so happy to be helpful so we go with it.

Joe and I also had a lovely day in the Garden, we had a picnic, a few games of badminton ‘Joe’s rules’ I am always dubious playing to these rules as it seems impossible to win.

IMG_6722

Joe’s room is also finished and he is thrilled with it. The grand reveal was yesterday, we had a bit of a mishap with the bed as we couldn’t get it up the stairs eeek, but we managed with the help of a ladder to get it onto the bedroom balcony and through the patio doors. The neighbours must have thought we had lost it, stood up a ladder pushing a single divan base onto the balcony.

Time for Me

On Wednesday Joe went to pony club for the day, so it gave me time to get a few jobs done and allowed me a little blogging time. Although we have had a lovely couple of weeks it great to get some time to get up to date.

My Happiest Moment

Last night Joe entered his first ever horse-riding competition and came 4th in the jumping speed round. He was so proud of his achievement, horse riding is his passion in life and it was amazing to see him achieve an award in something he truly loves. Well-done Joe you are a star.

IMG_6792

Next Week I would Like To

I am looking forward to seeing Jack who is home later today, I am dying to know what he has been up to and how much fun he has had. His teachers have kept a fantastic blog which we have loved following. But I can’t wait to hear it all from the horses’ mouth.

Joe and I are off to the Gadget Show Live on Sunday and are so excited. We are not sure if Jack is coming yes, but are looking forward to a day in gadget heaven.

It has been a great week, I am not quite ready to go back to work next week, I have loved being at home and spending time with Joe, and look forward to tonight when my little family is back together.

What Katy Said

1. 11th April 2015 / 11:42 am

Looks a lovely week, and I love that donkey shot! Hope Jack’s had a good time, and you enjoy the Gadget Show 🙂 #CountryKids

11th April 2015 / 9:51 pm

Thanks you, I know how cute is the Donkey. Jack is safely home, had a wonderful time and is exhausted x

2. Amanda
    11th April 2015 / 1:37 pm

The weather looks wonderful makes me want to come back to the UK, thanks for sharing 🙂

11th April 2015 / 9:52 pm

Ha ha Amanda, the weather has been rubbish up to this week, so I wouldn’t xx

3. 11th April 2015 / 7:08 pm

Yeah! You not only survived the week without Jack but it seems like it was a great one. Joe’s room looks fab on insta! And yes, what a star at Pony Club. Hope you have a lovely time catching up with Jack and another good week next week xx

11th April 2015 / 9:57 pm

Thanks Lisa, yes its been a great week and Jack has had an amazing time but is exhausted bless him x

4. 11th April 2015 / 9:38 pm

A lovely looking week and well done Joe on his riding success, I hope he keeps up his interest as he gets older. All mine gave up which I think is a real shame. I like the look of your picnic, very stylish and great photo! Thank you for sharing your adventures on Country Kids.

11th April 2015 / 10:02 pm

Thank you Fiona, yes I hope he keeps it up as he loves it xx

5. 12th April 2015 / 12:24 pm

Well done Joe! Doesn’t he look brilliant? Sounds like you had a fun-packed week, and getting some time for yourself is just a bonus. I totally agree with you that the Sun just makes everything seem so much brighter and lovelier xx

12th April 2015 / 8:09 pm

Thanks Ting, yes we are so proud of him x

6. 12th April 2015 / 9:32 pm

Oh you had me laughing about the bed!!! Glad nobody fell! Yay for 4th place that is amazing! Glad you had a great week and hope Jack gets home safe and sound xx #HappyDaysLinky

12th April 2015 / 10:31 pm

Thanks Kate, and yes its lovely to have Jack home x

7. 13th April 2015 / 8:34 am

I love that Joe loves riding! The sport needs more boys. I used to be a Dressage rider/trainer/judge and believe that riding is fabulous for children, gives them so many skills xx

13th April 2015 / 8:49 pm

Thanks Aby, yes he loves it, and its great to watch his passion grow with every week he rides x

8. 13th April 2015 / 9:53 pm

What a lovely week you’ve had. 🙂 You’re so right about the sunshine lifting everyone’s mood. I’ve loved having the patio doors open all day.

Well done Joe on his riding acheivements! Maybe one day we’ll see him at the Grand National. 🙂

I hope Jack had a lovely time away and that you and Joe enjoyed the Gadget Show. Have a lovely week. Vx

13th April 2015 / 9:57 pm

Thanks Vickie, Jack had a fab time, and yes Joe see’s himself as a jockey one day, but I don’t think I could take the stress xx

9. 13th April 2015 / 10:04 pm

Hehe, I love the idea of you stood on a ladder, pushing a bed up onto your balcony!
    It sounds like you’ve had a great week. Well done to Joe on his 4th place, he should be very proud of himself =) xx

13th April 2015 / 10:11 pm

Ah thank you, and yes I bet we looked mad x

10. 13th April 2015 / 10:12 pm

So lovely to see a boy take up riding – very refreshing. Well done to Joe on his first competition – he looks very proud.

Hope Jack had a wonderful time, I bet you’re very glad to have him back?

Enjoy the gadget show!

Thanks so much for joining in with our #HappyDays linky.

Jenna at Tinyfootsteps xx

13th April 2015 / 10:31 pm

Thanks Jenna, there are a few boys where he rides which is great, and yes he was so proud. Jack had an amazing time but I am glad to have him back xx

11. Laura
    14th April 2015 / 11:52 am

What a lovely Easter…the sunny weather really does make everything better doesn’t it?! #twinklytuesday

14th April 2015 / 9:58 pm

Thanks Lisa it does doesn’t it? x

12. 14th April 2015 / 12:39 pm

Have fun at the gadget show. Love the little treats! I hope you have a good work week. At least the sun is shinning. Thank you for sharing. #happydays

14th April 2015 / 10:00 pm

Thanks Christina, thanks you the gadget show was mazing, and yes loving the sun x

13. 14th April 2015 / 1:44 pm

What a lovely week you have had. I couldn’t agree more the sunshine really does lift your mood doesn’t it, we have had the back doors open and enjoying the garden and it feels lovely!

Well done to Joe and hope Jack had a lovely time.

Have fun at the gadget show!

#HappyDaysLinky

14th April 2015 / 10:04 pm

Aw thanks Sammy, yes its lovely when the sun is shining and Joe is so proud of himself, if fact so is Jack who now thinks he is ready for the olympics xx

14. 14th April 2015 / 8:28 pm

Well done Joe! And what a lovely looking week! I especially love the donkey shot….I do have a small (ok not so small) love of donkeys! #twinklytuesday

14th April 2015 / 10:07 pm

Martyn so do I, I would actually like one as a pet they are so cute aren’t they and yes we are very proud of Joe x

15. 15th April 2015 / 9:40 pm

What a gorgeous week you’ve had – isn’t it fantastic having this wonderful weather? We’ve been out in the garden loads, and this week have been on annual leave which is just fab. Like you, I am already not looking forward to going back to work next week…I’ve loved being home with my boy! Hope you are all happy and back together now and massive well done to Joe – he should be very proud. Thanks so much for linking up with #twinklytuesday

15th April 2015 / 9:55 pm

Thanks Lisa, yes it was lovely but all back to normal now although I love us all being back together xx