Goodbye Old Friend

So here I am 13 months along and loving every moment of my amazing, incredible blog journey.  I still have to keep pinching myself at how lucky I have been. It has been a whirlwind year of fun and meeting amazing people.

Last week I finally added my new blog header. And trust me a my closest blog friends know, I have pondered over this for months do I? Don’t I? You see I love my old header, my little family all squeezed into a box. But I was also mindful that it was personal to me, and whilst yes,  it is my blog. I didn’t want it to appear unapproachable, and want visitors to feel they were intruding. Does that make sence?

I was mulling this over with my friend Simonne, who suggested Georgia Ragnall. Georgia is an art student, and from our initial chat I just knew she understood exactly what my blog and I were all about. From this moment onwards I was so excited about what she would create for me.

Georgia, thank-you so much I am thrilled with your creation. It represents my crazy little family perfectly. I looked at it and knew it was us immediately.

BlogI just wanted to revisit my old blog headers, and say good old friend, friends,and I have had a few. Sentimental I know but a little goodbye.

Ah my very first blog header, I spend ages on this header learning exactly how to navigate around Monkey Pic. I spent hours reading how to’s and watching you tube, trying to work out how to make a blog header.

This is what inspired me to start my newly blogger series. I honestly had no clue about even the basics. It has been a real learning curve, but also all very exciting to learn all these new skills.

I feel so much affection looking back at my first header, I know don’t laugh. But at the time I was so proud of my achievement and kept going back to look at my handiwork.
PicMonkeynew Collage

Header no.2 didn’t last long, I wanted it to look plainer but couldn’t get on with it.

PicMonkey Collaged

Header no.3 was my favourite, I put this on at the start of the summer and filled it with happy memories of family holidays. To me it’s so bright and sunny and will always make me smile. But then came winter and it just didn’t fit the season.

cropped-PicMonkey-Collage-summer-resized1.png

Header no.4 I love the festive season and this one was a great way to share some of our festive images, but alas like the festive season it was short-lived, then looked a little sad afterwards so had to be changed.

PicMonkey Collagechristmas

Header no.5 is filled with images of our first 2 visits as Q Hotel ambassadors, so this will always be special to me. I love working with Q Hotels and this header reminds me of how wonderful they are and how special they make us feel when we visit them. Just like part of the family.

Jan15 header1

Georgia is  now working on a festive header for me so that at Christmas we can have a bit of sparkle and snow. I know its ages off but better to be prepared. I just know this header is going to start with me for quite some time, I think it is what I have been looking to achieve in all my collage headers. It represents how happy my family make me, but in a cleaner uncluttered way.

Thank you Georgia you hit the nail right on the head with my new creation. It just shows the incredible talent the young people of our country have to offer.

1. 1st April 2015 / 1:22 pm

Your blog header is gorgeous Sarah and well done to Georgia for creating something so amazing. I love all your blog headers too that you have created. I recently created my own blog header after blogging for over 18 months and not having a proper one (how bad is that). Its fairly basic as I really am not creative but I was pleased with it. Looking forward to seeing your Christmas header x

1st April 2015 / 9:24 pm

Thanks Tracey, your blog looks fab I have just noticed your Disney post to so off to read to get my daily fix xx

2. 1st April 2015 / 3:24 pm

You’ve had some great headers but your new one is definitely my favourite! Love it! x

1st April 2015 / 9:28 pm

Ah thank you and your blog is just beautiful Abigail, off to have a read of it now xx

3. Georgia
    1st April 2015 / 7:36 pm

Thanks so much Sarah I’m so pleased you like it 🙂 xx

1st April 2015 / 9:19 pm

Ah thank you Georgia, I love my new header x

4. 2nd April 2015 / 8:53 am

It is a lovely new header, I love the tree house and that Toby made the cut too. Your other headers were nice too but I like this uncluttered look, It’s fab! X

2nd April 2015 / 11:44 pm

Thanks Lisa, yes i am so pleased with it, and it wouldn’t have been the same without Toby x

5. 7th April 2015 / 9:35 am

Aw brilliant header. I’ve been debating doing a new one for a while. This has definitely inspired me to sort it out. #twinklytuesday

7th April 2015 / 10:04 pm

Thanks Martyn, yes sometimes I plan to do stuff and don’t quite get around to it either x

6. 8th April 2015 / 9:14 pm

Wow, your header is absolutely gorgeous…I love it! And it looks fantastic on your page! Well done Georgia! Thanks so much for linking up with #twinklytuesday

8th April 2015 / 9:38 pm

Ah thanks Lisa, I am pleased with it xx

7. 9th April 2015 / 9:02 am

Wow didn’t realise you had had so many headers.I have never been brave enough to change mine…. I love your new one its so lovely and feels so personal. You should have a print made of it for your wall xx Such a nice post being about to see how far yu have come – xx

9th April 2015 / 9:07 am

Thank you so much, yes I just couldn’t settle. You don’t need to ever change yours its perfect, so stylish x

8. 9th April 2015 / 7:30 pm

I always really liked your collage photos but I love love love the new one! x

9th April 2015 / 8:38 pm

Thanks Amy,I know I really love it now its on my blog x