Wow what a day, blogging is such an amazing industry. One that is so fast-moving and inspiring, an industry where people are totally cutting edge, always moving with the times and I love it. You see other industries claim or believe they are with it, leaders in innovation. But once you have attended an event like BlogCamp, hosted by the Lovely people from Tots100 you know that actually blogging is the place to be.
So here are my reasons why if you love blogging you must attend BlogCamp
- Bloggers, it is full of them. I love it being in a room full of people who get me. People that don’t think I am either A. Mad of B. Lonely, and that’s why I write a blog. These people understand why I want to stay up till midnight lovingly attending to my little space on the blogosphere.
- Friends, I chat to my blogging friends almost every day. It’s lovely to spend time with them, chat over coffee and enjoy lunch together. Some of the fab friends I met up with were Jess, Bonnie, Hayley, Caro, Kate , and Aby
- Meeting people whose blogs I read on a regular basis. The first event I attended I was so star struck at all these wonderful people who share their lives with me. But I am getting over that now, I feel braver and more able to say hello. It was fab to meet the lovely bloggers whose blogs I read on a regular basis, and they didn’t disappoint one little bit, all such lovely people.
- Education, I attended some incredible sessions this weekend, run by some amazing bloggers, I can honestly say I loved each and every session I attended. They were so exciting and inspirational, in fact in one session I was so excited I felt a bit giddy. Learning feels so great doesn’t it?
- Tips, everyone you meet is happy to swap tips with you, I don’t think I have met anyone yet that guards their secrets like a child with sweets. Quite the opposite, they are so generous, and always happy to share tips and hints, which may help you. I find it overwhelming that people want to help you succeed, what an amazing community to be part of.
So if you were wondering whether or not you should attend a blog event, then yes, yes, yes you should. You will be welcomed with open arms; there is always someone to chat with, always a friendly face. And inspiration by the bucketful, in fact I was so inspired I couldn’t wait to get writing, and did exactly that all the way home.