He is like my little angel, we thought long and hard before getting another pet, and agreed on a tiny non moulting dog. But you can’t help who you fall in live with can you, and it really was love at first sight. So we have a bear instead of a dog, he smells, has so much energy and moults not just fur, but fur balls, oh and he loves mud.
But I still love him so much, however he really does believe he is human, so I thought I would share a little about my bear and his personality.
- He is so incredibly patient, the boys drive him mad they love playing with him and spend hours teasing him with his toys and bones and even try to dress him up. Some days you can see they are absolutely doing his head in, yet he has never once growled at them.(Tell a lie, he once growled at Joe but he did sit on him) Clearly I am always watching as there are times I have to tell them to just leave him alone, he doesn’t want to play any more.
- He can talk, now hear me out with this one I am not mad. Toby has developed a way of communicating, it is like a long yawn type noise that he can stretch for ages, if he want something he tells you. People laugh when we tell them but have been so surprised to witness it personally. He also answers back when he is being told off.
- He has great manners, he will sit and wait to eat his dinner and not touch it until we tell him we can, Chris sometimes forgets put his dinner down and walks away. We can leave the room and he will not move, but just cries until told it’s ok to eat.
- He likes catching the farmer’s chickens if they dare to cross our boundary. This is the dark side of our little angel, I don’t think he would eat them he just thinks they are toys. If a chicken ventures into the garden, he is NOT allowed out until the chicken is removed.
- He thinks he is small, he really is delusional and thinks he is a tiny lap dog as you can see below, and he is not light yet insists on sitting on my knee every night.
- He hates me using my lap top on the sofa, and puts his head on the keyboard to try to stop me using it.
- He only communicates with me after 9pm. Because he sits with me on the sofa, he dreads Chris and the Boys sitting with me. Of course they come first so he has to move on to the footstool. He has developed the art of playing dead, if they try to talk to him he thinks he will be moved, he lies dead still not even blinking hoping they won’t.
- He is a stalker, I can’t even use the loo in peace, he literally sits outside the bathroom door waiting for me. I am always standing on him or tripping over him as he tries at all times to stay as close to me as possible.
- And lastly gets more excited than the boys on Christmas day. I don’t know how he knows, but Christmas morning he is beside himself until he gets his presents.