Welcome Back Striking Mums

I am thrilled that the lovely Kate has resurrected striking Mums for the new year. I love the fact she sets little questions every week. And that they are flexible. It’s a lovely supportive group which I am proud to be part of.

So here are Kate’s questions for the week.

1. Look at an old photograph of yourself. How does it make you feel? What hopes and dreams did that person have? What things did they enjoy doing? What might this person say to you now?

Screen Shot 2015-01-27 at 20.44.03Well, it just has to be this photo, with my lovely Brothers and Nan. This 9-year-old girl wanted to be a writer, spent hours writing children stories and believed one day she would achieve her dream.

I want to say to her it’s all good, you will be lucky in life. And don’t be downhearted by that English teacher at high school; she has no idea what she is talking about. Have faith and one day you will write, but enjoy what comes in between as it’s a great journey.

These things happen for a reason, and your journey will be great, so enjoy it.

2. How will you carve out time for yourself and your interests in 2015?

I am already doing that, my little love affair with my blog  grows stronger every day. In fact; have you ever seen Forrest Gump? Well, I am a bit concerned I am turning into the Bubba Shrimp of the blogging world as it really takes up that much of thoughts. But I love it, think I might bore people around me a tad though, sorry guys.

3. What would you like to change about the way you look? What can you celebrate now about your own individual beauty?

100% my teeth, I had a brace as a child but I was allergic to it. I keep thinking I will get another one as they have improved since then. Other than that I am happy with the weight I lost last year, I feel so much more confident. I would like to lose a little more so I do not have to worry about what I eat in Florida with all that amazing food. But i am generally happy in my own skin.

4. What are your personal goals for 2015? Who or what can help you achieve them?

To stay happy and healthy, to enjoy my journey with Q Hotels as I am loving every minute of working with them, I can’t describe how lovely they are. To keep enjoying my blog. And just keep enjoying my family and life. And be grateful for the little things.

Kate on thin Ice Striking Mums

Author of Extraordinary Chaos a family lifestyle and travel blog from a 40+ mum of teenage boys, sharing our family travels, recipes, reviews and country living. Also the co editor of Cruising With Kids Family Cruise Blog

Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook

1. Ally Messed Up Mum
    28th January 2015 / 6:39 am

Fab post, I love the Striking Mums! What part of the brace were u allergic to? I’ve never heard of that before! X

28th January 2015 / 2:11 pm

Thanks Ally, i was allergic to the metal my mouth was full of blisters but that was 25 years ago I am sure they will do hypo allergenic ones now x

2. 28th January 2015 / 7:28 am

A lovely post…good to look back sometimes. I am on a weight loss mission myself its HARD but I am determind

28th January 2015 / 2:09 pm

Yes Becky its about being strong sometimes isn’t it, I went out for lunch yesterday and was desperate for a burger. But was strong and ordered salad. I was so pleased with myself afterwards for having the willpower x

3. 28th January 2015 / 12:35 pm

So pleased you are sticking with Striking Mums in 2015. I love this post as there is an underlying sense of commitment but also a wish to progress and move forwards as we all should and can.
    Love, love, love that photograph and yes it usually all works out in the end – shame it takes us such a long time to work that out.
    Have a great week

28th January 2015 / 2:05 pm

Yes it is a shame it takes so long sometimes, but I suppose you can’t argue with fate can you. And thanks Kate I love striking Mums and so glad to be a part of it xx

4. 28th January 2015 / 6:01 pm

You have some really positive points in this post that’s lovely to see and some very achievable goals too. I look forward to more posts from you on striking mums xx

28th January 2015 / 8:21 pm

Thanks Hannah thats really kind of you to say x

5. 28th January 2015 / 7:56 pm

Love your hopeful and positive post, and yes, being grateful for the little things is so important x

28th January 2015 / 8:07 pm

Thank you, yes its the little things that make you happy most of the time xx

6. 28th January 2015 / 9:04 pm

You always post so beautifully and I love reading your words. That photograph is lovely. And look at you now achieving dreams!! Wow! 2015 is going to be an amazing year for you and this blog, and I am going to be thrilled to watch it 🙂 Jess x

28th January 2015 / 9:42 pm

Ah Jess you are such a lovely friend, thank you we will be on that journey together xx

7. 28th January 2015 / 9:32 pm

You are stunning and don’t ever forget it. Brilliant post. I love old pictures and learning more bout the people behind the writing.
    You’ve come so far with your writing. You have proven that dreams can come true… here’s to many more Mrs xx xx

28th January 2015 / 9:44 pm

Ah thank you lovely Katie, you are so supportive I can’t wait till we meet eek its going to be fab x

8. 29th January 2015 / 12:18 pm

Haha bubba shrimp- you do make me laugh!

I keep meaning to join in with Striking Mums- you will have to remind me for the next one! 🙂

29th January 2015 / 1:00 pm