I read this amazing post last week over at a lovely blog called Mama Duck Quacks. Called a note to my 21 Year old self. I loved it and wanted to write my own, but check out Natasham’s post first it is fab.
I wanted to give my advice to my 18 years old self. I am so happy with my life and the choices I have made. But there are always little things you could have changed aren’t there? I wouldn’t change much at all. But here is the advice I would give myself.
1. Yes you are upset that you couldn’t raise the funds for theatrical make-up college but 20k is just too much for a year. But hey apply to work on a cruise ship travel for a year. And your career is going to be great, a real adventure so don’t feel to down about it.
2. You will put on weight if you carry on eating that much crisps and chocolate, and it will take you years to get that weight off. Eat healthy and keep it up.
3. Travel more, it’s just a matter of saving. Yes you will make up for it later in life but the world is your oyster, make sure you book a holiday every year.
4. You find out something that you know will rock and good friends world and you feel its your duty to tell her. She won’t believe you, so save yourself the heartache and walk away from the situation.
5. Believe in yourself more, and stop caring what others think of you. You are far far to sensitive.
6. You don’t suit green, never wear it, in fact you don’t suit your hair black either. Don’t let anyone convince you otherwise.
7. Don’t be so scared of pregnancy, you will actually enjoy it. And Labour is only a day out of your life. Don’t loose to much sleep over it.
8. You won’t believe the technology in the future, embrace it enjoy it. And take risks. You are not a total failure at English so take the plunge and write.
9. Also just to finish, the future is really bright. So don’t worry about it. Enjoy today and take each day as it comes.
10. Oh and one more thing, when you see the Mulberry Daria Hobo at John Lewis in the sale for £250.00 for god sake buy it. You will change your mind 20 mins later and go back for it, only to find it has sold. Trust me you will never quite get over how stupid you were. It might only be a bag, but it is a special edition colour. You will NEVER find it again.