It’s that time of year again, when you sit down and plan for the year ahead. New years resolutions are great, but the key is keeping them. Staying strong and being brave.
So I thought I would start by revisiting last years resolutions. Did I meet them? In fact I only set a couple, but when I set them I knew I had set myself big challenges.
- Lose weight, I have set this every year for as long as I can remember. I don’t know what was different about this year. I didn’t actually get started until Mothers Day. I kept threatening, and then something snapped, when my new Hunter Wellies were to tight for me. I made my mind up and stuck to it. I blogged my weight loss weekly which I am sure really helped, and as a result lost a stone. I feel so much better for it.
- Make the Boys eat healthier and more variety, they have both tried lots of new foods, Joe now loves venison. Jack is getting better, they eat relatively healthy but there is always room for improvement. So I would say that we have made progress but this is an ongoing project.
- And probably my favourite EVER resolution which I only decided to set on New Years Eve was to start my blog. It took me 2 months to decide on the name, set it all up and pluck up the courage to press publish. Thank goodness I did, what a year it has been, I have loved every blogging minute.
For the year ahead?
- Keep the weight off, I would like to lose another 5 pounds then I will be happy, this gives me a bit of leeway to fully relax when on holiday. But to keep up my new-found healthy diet will be the key to my success.
- Be more chilled out, enjoy every day rather than getting stressed about all the jobs I have to do. I want chill and enjoy even normal moments in life.
- Keep up my blog. It is surprising how much is involved in blogging, all the work that goes on behind the scenes. I am enjoying every minute of it, I want to keep all up and continue to enjoy the experience.
- Learn a little more about photography. I have such a lot to learn but I am positive this is something I am going to really enjoy learning. Even the simple things in life can look amazing on a photo, the power of photography is incredible. And something I want to get much better at.
So there are my resolutions, aims, goals for the year. I have a feeling it will be another great year. I have learnt so much this year, its been so exciting. Our Family has had some wonderful experiences. Jack has managed his sugar levels incredibly well, and still maintaining the levels of sport that would make the best of us exhausted. Joe is progressing well at horse riding. Chris and I celebrated 20 years of marriage, So in all its been a great years for the Christie’s.
There has also been some sad moments, I lost a much-loved Aunt this year. But her funeral taught me to live for the day. My Aunty Joyce went too young, but did some great things with her life and had a great time as a result. Looking through all the photos of her life was inspirational, looking at her forever smiling face, enjoying and appreciating every minute.
Here’s to the next year, I hope it brings you all health, happiness and good fortune. x