Thank you to my lovely friend Heledd from the beautiful blog Running in Lavender for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award.
So following Heledds lead here are 7 festive facts about me.
1, I have never seen the Holiday, I intend to every year but never get around to it. This year I am going to make sure I do.
2. Like Heledd my favourite ever Christmas film is Elf. I just love Buddy and New York. I will never forget the first time we took Jack to the Cinema to see Elf, It was Christmas eve and such a special memory.
3. Our Christmas Eve family tradition is that Peter the Elf visits and leaves us all PJ.s if we are on the good list. He also leaves a chocolate every day that you are on the good list.
4. We always go out for lunch on Christmas Eve, a nice country walk to our local village pub, enjoy lunch and a few glasses of wine and then walk home to prepare for Santa.
5. I just have to watch Oliver every Christmas. My lovely uncles Billy and Robert are both in Fagins gang in the film, so I have watched it every year since I was born. I feel so proud every time I watch it. It reminds me of being a child sat watching it with my family.
6. Santa loves us to leave him Baileys on Christmas eve. He once wrote and asked us too, and of course we have left it for him every year. I am sure that when I was a child we also left Bailey for Santa.
7. Sadly I know this is the last Christmas of its kind for us, Joe is 9 and its the end of an era for us. So we are going to make the most of this year. Next year will be a new phase of our lives. They key will be to grab that phase with both hands in make each year special just like it always has been.
So here is to another fantastic Christmas, my favourite time of year.
I would like to nominate the lovely Maria Noell, her blog was one of the first blogs I read and I still love reading it today, I would love to hear your Christmas facts Maria xx
The Award Rules
1. Thank the person for nominating you and link back to them in your post
2. Share seven facts about yourself
3. Nominate a blogger that you admire
4. Contact the chosen blogger and let them know.
There’s so pressure to join in, I just wanted to let you know I think you’re fab! But of course, I’d love to read your post if you decide to do one.