I am Being Chased by Christmas

This has never ever happened to me before, I love Christmas, it really is my favourite time of the year. Yet I feel like it is chasing me into December. I can’t decide if I am just not ready for it this or someone has brought it forward.

It has been an exceptionally busy time at work with an exceptional workload that has consumed my mind and swallowed days off like they were slices of chocolate orange. You know that feeling? You eat it thinking you really need to do it, then after are just not so sure you should have done that. You know you needed the chocolate, but also really need to eat your 5 a day, but you just cant fit them in now.

IMG_4578.JPG

The workload is steadying out now, but what has that left me with?

A house that looks like a tip, I am cleaning at night trying to keep up with that, it’s amazing how my children just move things from one room to another. Joe makes an art form of toy moving, I can tidy a room in the house. Go off for a celebratory coffee at the thought of de Joe’ing a complete room, and when I return, he has hit again like a boomerang tornado. I swear he has a box full of random items that he just spreads about to keep me on my toes.

A neglected blog, OK this is not strictly true, but I have been doing lots of work behind the scenes to ensure my domain transfer is running smoothly, trying to iron out little problems.

And lastly not a single conversation with Santa or Peter the Elf about Christmas presents, arghhh, so has it come early or have I delayed Christmas, in a blur of events and job lists? I must have walked around shops with my eyes closed. Its weird I have been on Christmas night outs, but I still didn’t get the hint that it was on its way. And here I am 30 days away with the desperate need for an emergency meeting with Santa.

DSCN1801

Maybe I am delaying it, as I know it’s my last year with Santa and Peter th Elf, a thought that fills me with dread. I know my children have got to grow up, and embrace them changing and growing, ready for the next stage of our lives. But I am not fully ready for it, it makes me feel tearful, like I am loosing 2 friends. Maybe that is why Christmas is chasing me? I am not ready for this one and changes it brings to family life forever. Don’t get me wrong, I will embrace it on the 1st  of December. Make it one to remember, but I also know it will be the last of its kind.

sundaystars.badge_

1. 30th November 2014 / 2:13 pm

I feel exactly the same this year, I’m usually so much more organised! I had to admit defeat and realised that if I wanted to publish my book this year then the Xmas prep would have to wait! Best of luck with getting on top of it all #SundayStars

30th November 2014 / 3:52 pm

Thank you , I suppose you are right you have to prioritise don’t you ? I am starting to catch up but other things had to come first this year x

2. 30th November 2014 / 2:28 pm

I’m very much anti-Christmas until December 1st. I love Christmas but I think spreading it out can dilute it a bit. But then you meet people who have all the presents bought and wrapped before mid-November and I think, these days, it’s just normal to be mega-organised way beforehand. There are adverts on TV from September so we feel as HAVE to start early.

I don’t think you are leaving it last minute at all. Doing everything in December is all part of the hustle and bustle of the season!

x

#sundaystars

30th November 2014 / 3:52 pm

I am exactly the same I love Christmas but it is definitely creeping forward x

3. 30th November 2014 / 9:40 pm

I am just the same! House is always untidy even tho I am constantly tidying, there are not enough hours for work, housework, kids, blog, Xmas shopping, aahhh! Xx thanks for linking up #sundaystars xx

30th November 2014 / 10:27 pm

Thanks Julia yes there is not enough hours in the say is there ? x

4. 5th December 2014 / 12:06 am

I too seem to be running out of days faster than I can count them! I think it’s because we have had someone ill in the house for… I’ve lost count of how many weeks! But it means I haven’t been able to go out and actually buy anything. I really need to give Santa a big kick up the bum or the big day will be here before we know it!
    Thanks for linking up with #SundayStars x

6th December 2014 / 8:49 pm

Hope you are all on the mend Katie, yes I need to speed it up too x