The Galleries BA Lounge at Terminal 5 Heathrow

Recently we were lucky enough to travel business class to Barcelona, I recently shared our wonderful business class experience, but want to conclude by talking about the Heathrow Business Lounge.

The Galleries lounge is set aside from the hustle and bustle of the terminal 5, as soon as you check into the airport lounge you feel the sense of quality. It is vast with several areas for eating, working, and relaxing.

ba,pin

On arrival we decided to get a spot of lunch so found seats in the dining area, the area consists of huge communal bench/tables, the great thing about this is you can mostly always find a seat. Once we found our seat we decided to start with a nice glass of wine, I must say the choice was endless with many good red and white wines.
We went for a nice Pouilly Fume which we enjoyed whilst taking the opportunity to chill and people watch. The choice of lunch was great and offered something to suit all tastes, including soup and a choice of sandwiches through to chili, rice, curry, jacket potatoes and salad. There was also a choice of cookies and cakes for pudding.

Coffee, tea and soft drinks were also on constant supply with several cafe bar style areas. There were always a plentiful supply of cups, plates, and cutlery. And food and drink supplies were continuously replenished during the time we spent in the lounge.
IMG_3366
Once we had eaten we made ourselves a coffee and looked for a comfy seat to chill out and read our books, there was lots of choice ranging from cafe style table and chairs, chairs and comfy sofas, offering you the option to sit with a laptop and work or snuggle and read a book.
Newspapers and magazines were plentiful, and there was lots of desk top pc’s available for those who needed to work, and most sitting areas had access to charging points to enable you to charge tablets, phones and laptops, an absolute must when travelling. The password for the Wi-Fi was so easy to access, I loved the fact that all I had to do was copy and paste it from my B.A app on my iPhone straight into setting to enable quick and fuss free entry to the Wi-Fi.
I have to say nearly all of my photos seem to be beverage related, the reason for this being that the lounge was busy, people were chilled and relaxed and my taking photos of them would have felt intrusive. So I took the odd photo when areas became quieter, and to be honest I was enjoying the whole business experience too much myself and was feeling very chilled.
If you are travelling through Heathrow then yes it is absolutely worth upgrading for the use of the fantastic Galleries lounge. The staff were wonderful and attentive and you leave for the next stage of your journey feeling refreshed and ready to go.

My Travel Monkey

1. 20th July 2015 / 11:49 am

Love love using airport lounges. Makes the whole airport experience a lot quieter and more chilled….and it’s all about the drinks, right? Although I really like the BA business lounge and it has some great wines… There’s no champers! The Emirates lounge does though – it’s a nice touch (I do like my fizz). #mondayescapes

20th July 2015 / 8:03 pm

Thank you Elizabeth, it is nice to have a nice glass of wine and chill, it is so much easier with the boys too they seem to chill more in the lounges, I think its because they are so much less crowded x

2. 20th July 2015 / 2:34 pm

Oh lovely – I’ve always fancied an airport lounge and will definitely consider it when we next travel child-free 😀

20th July 2015 / 8:06 pm

Thanks Samantha but do you know what? it actually makes traveling with kids so much easier and less stressful too. Our two love the lounges xx

3. 20th July 2015 / 4:06 pm

We love the BA lounge too. The food tends to be great – much better selection than I have seen in other lounges. My son now has the habit of eating at the lounge and refusing plane food. I’ve done the massage they have on the mezzanine floor and thought it was kind of lame though. #MondayEscapes

20th July 2015 / 8:08 pm

Yes of all the lounges we have been in it is my favourite, I have never done the massages though. I think I just enjoy lounging with a good book and glass of wine ha ha x

22nd July 2015 / 9:01 am

You are welcome x

4. 22nd July 2015 / 4:51 pm

Such a good description – we are lucky enough to be silver BA members so have enjoyed the galleries lounge too. I love going up and making myself a gin! A great way to unwind before you get on a flight! Thanks for sharing on #MondayEscapes

23rd July 2015 / 10:35 pm

Thanks Ting, I know it is bliss isn’t it, I just love it x

5. 23rd July 2015 / 7:10 am

Lovely post. You’ll be using this again very very soon now!! Happy Holidays! #mondayescapes

23rd July 2015 / 10:36 pm

Ah thanks Karen, I wish we are not booked in this time grrrr x

6. Jodi
    16th January 2017 / 8:53 am

Pls excuse my ignorance, but is there a way to purchase a 1 day pass for a lounge? Also–if I am traveling with 3 teens, do we each need a pass? Is everything in the lounge complementary or are there significant costs? Just thinking it might be a special last treat before we hop back across the pond!

16th January 2017 / 9:20 am

Hi Jodi there is not for the BA T5 lounge you have to be flying in Business class of have an amex card or certain levels of BA membership I think. But there are other lounges you can pay into. If you google search for each terminal you get a list and the cost, we usually pay if we are not traveling business and you generally get snacks and drinks, plus free wifi and charging points, so in my opinion it is worth it paying for by the time you factor in what you spend on snacks at an airport. Hope this helps x