Warwick Castle, The Beauty of the Castle Grounds.

For today’s post I wanted to share some pictures to show the pure beauty of Warwick castle. This Castle was originally built in 1068 and then rebuilt in the 12th Century. Since then it has had many rebuilds and additions. And has seen events of huge historical importance unfold within the walls.

Warwick Castle, The Beauty of the Castle Grounds.
Warwick Castle, The Beauty of the Castle Grounds.

The Castle sits on the River Avon and sets the most beautiful backdrop against the sky.

Warwick Castle, The Beauty of the Castle Grounds.
I love this bridge it is stunning, I love the reflection of the bridge on the water.
Warwick Castle, The Beauty of the Castle Grounds.
This view of the castle is so dramatic, I am going to add this picture to my picture wall in the kitchen. It looks so commanding as it reaches up towards the sky.
Warwick Castle, The Beauty of the Castle Grounds.
There are some beautiful plants and trees around the gardens, the groundsmen clearly work so hard on the upkeep of the gardens it must be a mammoth task, and take many hours or co-ordination to keep it looking so spectacular. Joe took the first opportunity to climb on one of the trees for a photo.

Warwick Castle, The Beauty of the Castle Grounds.

To think Warwick Castle has been there in some form, for 1100 years is hard to comprehend. If walls could talk this Castle would have some amazing stories to tell. We thoroughly enjoyed our day at Warwick Castle and will definitely visit again.

Warwick Castle, The Beauty of the Castle Grounds.

They could not wait to get their heads in these stocks and I must say, Chris and I; for a second were very tempted to lock them and make a run for it. Bless them!

1. 11th October 2014 / 8:42 am

I don’t live far from Warwick Castle, yet have not ever been. I must take little J, he would love the stocks too. #CountryKids

2. Coombe Mill
    11th October 2014 / 9:29 am

That is a proper castle! Lovely photos and what a great place to see with all that history. The photo at the end made me smile, mine would all want to line up for a picture in there too! Thank you for sharing a lovely day on Country Kids.

• 12th October 2014 / 6:53 pm

Thank you Fiona, kids radiate to things like that don’t they x

3. 11th October 2014 / 10:59 am

The only time I have been to Warwick Castle was with 200 year 7s so didn’t really get the chance to properly appreciate the castle! Your pictures are lovely – I must go back without all the kids sometime

• 12th October 2014 / 6:54 pm

Thanks Karen, I bet that was stressful ha ha? x

4. 11th October 2014 / 3:09 pm

I love castles but have never been to Warwick. We went to Caen Castle (Normandy) this week but it is very different in style. No doubt the 200 years difference in their dates of construction and the stone used explains that. I bet both could tell some tales if only their walls could talk.

• 12th October 2014 / 6:54 pm

Ooh I would love to visit Normandy, yes I bet they could tell some tales x

5. 11th October 2014 / 8:13 pm

We have been to Warwick Castle a few times and I never cease to fall in love with its beauty. I can’t help but revel in the history ….. I want to live in a Castle!! Found you through #CountryKids

• 12th October 2014 / 6:55 pm

Yes I love the history of the war of the roses it is so fascinating x

6. Suzanne W
    12th October 2014 / 1:29 pm

We took a day trip to Warwick Castle last year and had a great time. I was also pretty taken with the view from that bridge. Stunning and something there for all ages 🙂

• 12th October 2014 / 6:55 pm

Yes there is, it is great I loved the dragons lair x

7. 13th October 2014 / 10:39 am