Regent Street With No Cars!

We recently went into London for the day and were so lucky to find Regent Street was closed. I could not believe it, as someone who has visited and worked in London. I was so excited. I don’t think Chris and the Boys could quite relate to how giddy I was, but how wonderful a pedestrianised regent street. It was called Summer Streets, and whilst it may have been inconvenient for drivers having to find a route around this, for tourists it was great.
Regent Street With No Cars!
A bus covered in astro turf

This bus was covered in astro turf and there was deck chairs and seating areas with cocktail and wine bars all the way up Regent Street, it was great to see and be a part of.

Regent Street With No Cars!
Having our Picture Taken in the Middle of the Road

It’s not every day you get to have you picture taken in the middle of the road on regent Street, usually you would be taking your life in your hands doing so, this is probably a once in a lifetime thing for all of us, although I hope the Mayor decides to do this again.

Regent Street With No Cars!
Chris and the Boys

Look at the sculpture the Ice bar made. The boys were just mesmerised, I love the Ice Bar on Heddon Street, it’s a great experience especially on a hot summers day.

Regent Street With No Cars!
Ice Sculpture

Share:

1. 12th July 2014 / 3:04 pm

wow that looks like a fab trip! .. that ice bar is so fab! x

• 13th July 2014 / 8:57 am

It was, we were lucky with the weather , it always makes a day better doesn’t it x

2. 12th July 2014 / 3:44 pm

What a lucky coincidence. It looks like a lot of fun. I love the shot of people lying down on the astro turf. Now that’s something you don’t see everyday. #CountryKids

3. 13th July 2014 / 7:56 am

I love the street festival up in the west end every year – I haven’t been for a while, but what a great idea to take the kids. ps. I love the Ice Bar – might have to make a trip there soon, too 🙂 #countrykids

• 13th July 2014 / 9:40 am

Yes the kids loved it, its on this August again. What a great idea to bring the countryside into the city x

4. Coombe Mill
    13th July 2014 / 10:34 am

This sounds like my idea of a day out in London – love the fact they closed the street to traffic; it must have had such a great atmosphere of Summer fun. Thanks for linking up and sharing with Country Kids.

5. 13th July 2014 / 8:36 pm

Always makes it seem more special and more enjoyable when you chance upon something that you’re not expecting. It’s a lovely idea, and would definitely be good to see it again.

• 13th July 2014 / 9:00 pm

Yes it was a lovely surprise , I think it is on the first week of August this year, I would definitely recomend it x

6. Baby Routes
    14th July 2014 / 2:08 pm

I didn’t realise they did this – fantastic! Now I just need Oxford Street without pedestrians (other than me, obviously)…

• 14th July 2014 / 3:38 pm

Haha would that be amazing having Oxford Street to oneself x

7. 14th July 2014 / 3:33 pm

We’ve only been to London once and you are right to how busy Regent Street is! So its nice to see it car less. Thanks for sharing these photos =) #countrykids

• 14th July 2014 / 3:38 pm

You are welcome, it is worth a trip when it is on. I loved the experience x