Our Picture Wall

Last year we created a picture wall in my kitchen, We wanted it to mean something so decided to use photos we had taken when out & about and on our family travels.
picwall
I am so pleased, it looks great in my kitchen and is always a talking point.  All the pictures have a memory and a story attached to them, I love that.  We decided to frame all the pictures in black and white to create a common theme apart from the central photo which is blue, that was because it is so beautiful in blue so we kept it to create a contrast.

Our Picture Wall
The idea is we will add to it throughout our lives. As we make more memories we will add them here in black and white.

Home Etc

1. 27th May 2015 / 6:18 pm

I really want to do a picture wall going up the staircase wall – your picture wall looks fab! Definite talking point #HomeEtc

31st May 2015 / 4:33 pm

Thank you Rebecca, yes and they are so fab to look back on x

2. 27th May 2015 / 7:17 pm

I have this planned for my stairs too. I have started getting some old ones made into black and white, you know my captured moments 😉 ha! This looks lovely Sarah and it’s such a good idea to put in your kitchen where everyone probably gathers, or is that just me? Thanks for sharing x #HomeEtc

31st May 2015 / 4:34 pm

Thanks Lisa, yes I love looking back at them and your captured moments would be perfect x

3. 27th May 2015 / 8:50 pm

We have something similar in our living room – I think it looks so effective.

Love your picture wall, Sarah. xx

31st May 2015 / 4:35 pm

Thanks Jenna, yes it does doesn’t it, I love looking at all the pictures x

4. 27th May 2015 / 9:32 pm

Love it Sarah. What a fab idea and place for memories! We have one up our stairs and I love looking at it when we walk past! Thanks for sharing 🙂 Much appreciated. Jess x #HomeEtc

31st May 2015 / 4:35 pm

Thanks Jess, yes the stairs is a great place for one too, I love looking back at memories x

5. 28th May 2015 / 10:08 pm

Sarah this is a really nice idea. A friend of mine did a similar thing in her dining room with a mirror at the centre but hasn’t kept extending it.
    I can see how it would be a conversation starter when people visit.
    #HomeEtc
    Fionnuala from http://www.threesonslater.blogspot.com

31st May 2015 / 4:44 pm

Thank you Fionnuala, yes I love the memories every photo holds and love chatting about our travels x

6. 29th May 2015 / 3:10 pm

Love this Sarah! We’ve got a very similar thing going up our stairs!! We’ve had it for about 8 years and had to try and replicate it when we moved!!!

It could do with an update now — some of the pictures could definitely do with replacing. They’re all black and white and are in black frames in different shapes and sizes. MUST try and take some pics!! 😉 x Thanks so much for linking up and sharing on #HomeEtc

Caro | http://www.thetwinklediaries.co.uk

31st May 2015 / 5:03 pm

Thank you Caro, yes its lovely to look back on instate it, I love my wall x