A Country Walk And Embracing The Sunshine

Oh hoorah for sunny days, that feeling at you wake up and hear the birds singing and feel the sunshine coming through the window.

It gave me that hope that despite the freezing weather and rain spring might be on the way. The nights are getting a little lighter every night, and the buds are starting to peep through the ground. And then the snow came, it is forecast again for tonight and I have everything crossed it does not settle. Although if there is a good time for snow to settle, half term is it. At least I wont be risking life a limb to get the boys to school through our winding roads.

When we set of on a LONG weekend walk last week the sunshine was glorious, yet we were still squelching through muddy fields. There is a long way to go until the ground starts to dry out. Poor old Toby bearing the brunt of it, with his little legs he is so near to the ground. Much to his disgust he always needs a bath when we arrive home.

Here are some of my fave pictures, it’s a new route for us. And I love that excitement of discovering new perspectives, and being a lover of Highland Cattle I have to admit to feeling a tad giddy when I saw these gorgeous ladies.

A Country Walk And Embracing The Sunshine

A Country Walk And Embracing The Sunshine

A Country Walk And Embracing The Sunshine

A Country Walk And Embracing The Sunshine

A Country Walk And Embracing The Sunshine

A Country Walk And Embracing The Sunshine

A Country Walk And Embracing The Sunshine

A Country Walk And Embracing The Sunshine

Photalife

1. 11th February 2017 / 11:55 pm

I Hope the snow doesn’t settle either, I don’t want to be stuck indoors. Arghh I can’t believe you saw a coo. I was gutted to not see any in Scotland in the summer, I didn’t realise there were some so close to home!

13th February 2017 / 8:46 pm

They are a 15 minute walk from my house, in fact the farm opposite has them too we will have to go on a summers walk x

2. 12th February 2017 / 12:07 am

I do love highland cattle

13th February 2017 / 8:47 pm

Me too they are just beautiful x

3. 12th February 2017 / 12:18 am

Beautiful pics. Simply love rural scenes and and lovely to take a peek into your side of the world. #MySundayPhoto

13th February 2017 / 8:48 pm

Ah thanks so much Tracey, I feel so lucky to live here, although the wind is blowing a gale tonight out there x

4. 12th February 2017 / 12:25 am

Love the cattle shots in particular. I have to admit, although the kids are keen I won’t be unhappy if we avoid the snow.

15th February 2017 / 10:23 pm

Thank god we did Tim, I am so past snow now and ready for spring x

5. 12th February 2017 / 12:54 am

I’m not so brave around cattle, especially those with horns! #MySundayPhoto

15th February 2017 / 10:24 pm

I was lucky there was a fence between us, but I would love to be brave enough to stoke one I just love them x

6. 12th February 2017 / 5:24 am

Great rural photography. I love the shaggy Highland Cattle and always forget their name. I think for awhile I was calling them “hippie cows.” Nice silhouette and white horse as well. Hope your snow came and went today, we have some expected on Wednesday but so many days in the high thirties coming our way.

15th February 2017 / 10:25 pm

ha ha yes they look very cool and chilled out. Wow what a difference in the weather enjoy the 30s I cant wait for a little heat x

7. 12th February 2017 / 6:34 am

Hi Sarah, what lovely photos and those ladies are beautiful! It is nice what we discover when we take a different path… My husband would have wet his pants over the stone wall!

#MySundayPhoto

15th February 2017 / 10:27 pm

Ah thanks Debbie, yes I do love a different route, Debbie all the walls are like that where we love he would be in his element x

8. 12th February 2017 / 7:30 am

It looks like a beautiful day for a walk! I’m getting a bit fed up of the weather now, but loving the fact that the nights are getting lighter all the time.

15th February 2017 / 10:29 pm

I know me to Sarah, I am loving the lighter evenings and cant wait till spring x

9. 12th February 2017 / 8:02 am

It looks like a lovely winter day for a walk… When winter is feeling as long as it has been (just me?!), it is important to make time during moments like these. I love the scenes you’ve shared here, especially the cattle shots. I hope the snow didn’t settle (it didn’t here), and that you have a lovely half term week.

10. 12th February 2017 / 9:15 am

Beautiful shots. I love natural photos like this 🙂 #mysundayphoto

11. 12th February 2017 / 9:34 am

What wonderful photos and I particularly love the cattle shots. I often wonder what they’re thinking of as they look straight at the camera!!
    #SundayPhoto

12. 12th February 2017 / 9:44 am

That looks like a beautiful place for a walk and explore. I love the animal photos

13. 12th February 2017 / 10:11 am

Looks like a great walk loving the Highland cows! #MySundayPhoto

14. 12th February 2017 / 11:56 am

You got some beautiful pictures here 🙂 Love the close up ones .

15. 12th February 2017 / 7:37 pm

Such lovely pictures from your walk. I love country walks – they make me so happy- and bumping into those little ladies.. how can you not smile 🙂 #MySundayPhoto

16. 13th February 2017 / 11:21 am

Beautiful photos, I love the ones of the highland cattle, I’m always too scared to get that close to them!

17. 14th February 2017 / 4:20 pm

These photos are just lovely. We sometimes have Highland Cattle on the common nearby; gorgeous beasts! 🙂

18. 15th February 2017 / 10:11 am

I don’t think you can beat a winter’s walk – what fab pics you got of the cattle, I’m not sure we have any near us! Gorgeous x #mysundayphoto

19. 18th February 2017 / 2:29 pm

I do like Highland cattle! Although one once ate my jumper. Lol beautiful photos! Sorry for the late comment! #mysundayphoto