I love air miles; I cannot believe the cheap flights we have receive by using these.
There are many schemes available but we use British Airways Executive Club. When you read reviews there are good and bad, however I can honestly say we have never had any problems. As long as you are prepared to be flexible there are flights available, you just need to be organised and keep watching the availability.
There are several ways to collect,
1. Firstly American Express Credit Card. For every pound you spend you get 1.5 air miles (or Avios as they are called). When you spend £10,000 in a year on your card you receive a free companion voucher, this means you can bring a companion on a flight and pay the tax but no air miles.( when you think what you spend on shopping and petrol alone this adds up quickly)
2. Secondly Tesco Club Card vouchers. You can exchange your points for air miles £2.50 in Tesco vouchers exchanges to 600 Avios points, I usually exchange 7000 points every 3 months, you can fly return to Paris for 9000 points.
3. E-rewards, these are on line surveys that pay you in Points that you can transfer to Avios. It can be a bind completing these but worth the 1000 Avios I can collected in the last few months.
4. Buying fuel at Shell
5. Booking Certain Hotels, the list is too long but includes Hilton, Accor, and Marriot to name a few.
6. Gate 365 online shopping; this is an online shopping re-direction to all the well-known high street and online stores, this allows you to collect point for spending. For example Debenhams 2 points for every pound spent.
You need to join the British Airways Executive Club to enroll in this scheme, this is also where you can search for flight shop online and view, change your bookings.
As an example flights to Barcelona would be:
15,000 Avios, economy plus £35.00 tax
30,000 Avios, business Class £50.00 tax
A Flight to New York
40,000 Avios, economy plus £358.00 tax
80,000 Avios, business plus £533.00 tax
120,000 Avios first class plus £533.00 tax
All these are per person.
As an example of the benefits we have received, we have booked return flights for 2 on a bank holiday this year flying business class to Barcelona, if paying for these flight we would have paid £1,232.00. However we used 30,000 Avios and a companion voucher and it cost us £100.00. Bargain! WE are now collecting miles to fly to Orlando next year. Cant Wait Mickey here we come!